Secondary Metals Market
The secondary metals market is defined as the buying and selling of precious metals to a party other than the original owner of that metal. The primary market, in contrast, refers to the purchase of new, uncirculated items.
The secondary market does not necessarily denote inferiority, in fact, bullion products can retain their value in metal contents and, if produced in low mintage, can attract considerable value for their scarcity.
Jaggards buys and sells items in the secondary precious metals market, in the form of bullion and numismatics. The products that we buy or sell are guaranteed for their authenticity and metal value and are appraised in accordance with the condition and circulation of the bullion product.
Secondary metals are in demand and have a firm place in the market because of several factors, these include:
- Acquiring bullion products in low circulation.
- Acquiring minted items from popular collections.
- Premiums are often lower due to signs of wear or circulation.
- Metals retain their intrinsic value, making them a popular option for smart investors.
- Owning a secondary or rare coin with limited mintage can increase in value.